3.03.2009

I'm Illy

Apparently T.I. is "Illy". Now I love hip-hop and rap more than most kids who listen to brutal death metal, but what is with modern day rappers taking old school lines and acting like they created the line and all of a sudden they have the flow to take over NYC?

"Wrist so frosty
Neck so chilly
All on my mind is to get more millies
Niggas talk shit that's silly
Shawty he ain't about that
Really? Is he?
Nigga I'm illy
Yeah! Haha haha, hey
I run this city
Clearly
Tell em get lost I’m busy really
Nigga I'm illy"


T.I. is at the top of his game here...

(I actually like T.I. and his new album Paper Trails. Check it out.)

Or we could look at Wu-Tang Clan, probably the best rap group to ever exist.

"[Verse Four: Ghostface Killer]

Slammin a hype-ass verse til ya head burst
I ramshack dead in the track, and that's that
Rap assassin, fastin, quick to blast and hardrock
I ran up in spots like Fort Knox!
I'm hot, top notch, Ghost thinks with logic
Flashback's how I attacked your whole project
I'm raw, I'm rugged and raw! I repeat, if I die
My seed'll be ill like me
Approachin me, you out of respect, chops ya neck
I get vexed, like crashing up a phat-ass Lex'
So clear the way, make way, yo! Open the cage
Peace, I'm out, jettin like a runaway slave"

Now I've certainly heard better lyrics in rap, but clearly Ghostface is more "ill" then T.I. In pretty much every aspect. Suck it commercial hip-hop.

No comments:

Followers