1.10.2010

Jake Armerding - Walking On The World



Most of you have probably never heard this guy, so let me give a little introduction. He played a free concert at a resort my family attends in New Hampshire two years ago and ever since then, I have been absolutely hooked on Jake's music. While Jake's music is most certainly folk, don't let the genre moniker scare you. With a voice that is both talented and pleasing, he sings effortlessly over many topics, from failed relationships to traveling the world, to finding the meaning in life through Jesus Christ. Once again, don't be turned off this; Armerding's music isn't preachy at all. My favorite track would have to be "The Fleece." I will leave you with the lyrics to this song. Give a listen a tell me what you think!

Hold me close, October
Let me dance, you gracious May
I will love you both the same
Thinking about my lovelies
A pair of petals, on my knees
My timing always is to blame

Help me now
I never, never need the one I want
Teach me now
I never, never want the one I need

You left your fleece at my place
I drape that fleece across my face
On lonely nights when you're not there
And we're riding on the prairie
When I die, just bury me
Deep within your ocean hair

I was sold
When I saw you pull your ponytail through your hat
I've been told
Don't you ever, ever lose a girl like that

So hold me close, October
Let me dance, you gracious May
I will love you both the same


http://www.mediafire.com/?fjmtzmvzql2

No comments:

Followers